Welcome To My Blog!

For the past year, I've had the experience of being a part of the Niagara Falls Boys and Girls Club Cookbook Committee. Our committee is in the process of finishing our cookbook, A Stir In The Mist: Tastes and Traditions of Niagara Falls. It is a collection of recipes from the Niagara Falls community and local restaurants. All proceeds from the sale of this book will go directly to the Niagara Falls Boys and Girls Club. Just recently I have relocated to Ohio, but still wanted to be involved with the book. After watching the movie Julie and Julia, I was inspired to share the great recipes from our cookbook and the experience I had making each of them. I hope you will enjoy the journey I will take stirring my way through A Stir In The Mist!

Let the "stirring" begin!

Well I have started this venture through the cookbook. First things first, each recipe I do will only be a little story about the steps it took to get to the final product. There will be no ingredients given out and no steps to how I got every great tasting recipe to turn out so delicious. That is for you to find out when you purchase or when someone else purchases"A Stir in the Mist" for you!!

I will apologize now for any grammar or punctuation mistakes I may make. I know I am coming from a family of educators, therefore I should know better about these things, but I may make a few mistakes. Soo lets get started....

Monday, August 16, 2010

Tex-Mex

When going to a party or picnic and you want to bring something that the guest will go nuts for.. Bring Tex Mex!
This taco dip is a blend of different layers that give you a taste for more.
The recipe is so easy and quick and it is even really cheap to make.
Most people do not like tomatoes but in this appetizer you can put the tomatoes in I am sure they will eat it either way, it gives it a nice taste.
Just for you curious readers out there. Tex Mex is a blend of blend of Mexican and southwest U.S. cultural elements. It is a Mexican recipe that was made by Texas cooks.

The recipe gives you the order in which you should do your layers. The first two layers are key, I would not change that. The last couple you can flip flop to your liking if you wish but the original way is a hit.
In this recipe you have to do some chopping. I got to put my new Pampered Chef food chopper into use on my olives. That little cooking tool is amazing it saves time and your fingers from chopping food really small. I would highly recommend getting one!
































                                                                                          
Once all the layers are into the dish, you are Done!
You can put it into the fridge and let it sit until its party time.


Just a little tip:
1. I would suggest grating the cheese yourself on top, rather than gettting the cheese in a bag already shredded. Just a little tip, that will make a difference.
2. Scoops are the tortilla chip that go best with this dip!
(you can use any type of tortilla chip scoops are just my preference)

Hope you enjoy!


6 comments:

Unknown said...

mmmmm tex-mex is my favorite!!!

Natalie said...

I know, it reminds me of growing up and having it at picnics and birthday parties!!

Unknown said...

Great pics Nat!! TexMex is the best!!

Marisa and Matt said...

Gotta love the food Chopper! I'm happy to see you love it :) The dip looks awesome!

natalie said...

Marisa I love that thing!!!!!!

Unknown said...

Oh yum! I also LOVE the pampered chef food chopper! Can't live without it, especially with my boys who love taco night!